Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2006 Freestyle w/ 136k miles. ABS and Traction Control

Customer Question

2006 Freestyle w/ 136k miles. ABS and Traction Control Lights come on & stay on when vehicle engine warms up. After awhile the vehicle begins to lose power requiring more and more RPS to stay up to speed limit, then eventually must pull over, turn off car and let engine cool down. Warning Lights come on w/in 4 miles of driving on hot days, can take up to 15 miles on cool days. Have taken it to 2 dealership mechanics and one general service mechanic. HAVE Changed out the passenger side rear wheel speed sensor twice. 2nd time it helped keep WARNING lights off and the car ran better but the effect didn't last more than a few weeks. I was told that a computer module w/in the ABS probably has failed but is no longer mfg by Ford. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Submitted: 1 year ago via CarComplaints.com.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Do you know which codes are stored? The symptoms are not leading to a transaxle issue. You head correct on the ABS module, it would need to be aftermarket refurbished or used when replaced if the diag steps have confirmed the it is in fact a bad module.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris