Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My Ford was broken into and they used a crowbar in the

Customer Question

My Ford was broken into and they used a crowbar in the ignition and engaged the theft system. My key still works in the ignition but won't start the truck as the sytem kicks in and won't start the truck. Just wondering if I have to tow it to the dealer to get reset
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** this vehicle, they use a reciever ring around the ignition lock cylinder to read the signal from the key, if they pried on this rung it may have broken, does the anti theft light flash continually when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I go to start it and everything goes dead and the theft light comes on
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
ok, then the computer is not recognizing the key, we use mobile locksmiths to come out to the vehicle and program them, they are alot cheaper than the dealer, and saves a tow bill, our local locksmith charges 70 dollars to come out and do this, the dealer gets over 200 dollars, the lock smith can also replace the reciever ring if it was damaged, but until the computer sees the signal from the key, it wont start,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Is this the info you were looking for?