Wayne Auto
Wayne Auto, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Associate of Applied Science with a Major in Automotive Technology
72941068

2011 ford e250 with 4r75e trans rwd, slips with overdrive

Customer Question

2011 ford e250 with 4r75e trans rwd, slips with overdrive engaged, does not slip with od disengaged?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Auto replied 1 year ago.

I understand that your transmission is slipping with overdrive engaged, but it is not slipping when when overdrive is turned off, as I'm understanding this the transmission is slipping in 4th gear but not any of the lower gears, correct? If this is the case I would like you to try shifting into the manual 2 position, if the transmission also slips in manual 2 then I suspect that the overdrive band is slipping and needs to be adjusted. If it does not slip in the manual 2 position please let me know and I will continue to work with you to help diagnose your problem.

Expert:  Wayne Auto replied 1 year ago.
I noticed you haven't accepted my answer so I just wanted to see if you need any additional information to help you with your transmission problem, if you need any assistance just let me know.