James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

2006 hot no start. New EGR oilcooler IPR ICP standpipes

Customer Question

2006 hot no start. New EGR oilcooler IPR ICP standpipes dummy plugs HPOP LPOP new o rings on all injectors. New High pressure fuel rail as one was cracked. Just changed out the o ring on the STC fitting (updated). Took it for a run to warm up and still has a hot no start.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, how much icp is building when the vehicle won't start? What brand injectors did you use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ICP builds 350 psi hot. Injectors are from Ford. I know the next thing your going to say is HPO leak. Found a broken o ring on stc fitting replaced with Ford o ring. Tested for leaks none found. Put truck back together hard start due to air. Runs great no miss fires. Warmed it up turned it off and it's still a hot no start.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
350psi is not a very large leak at all. I hate to say it but the STC fitting has been changed about 7times. The latest one doesn't use a support bracket and only has the I ring where it threads in. There is an o Ring in between the branch tube and STC fitting. There is also a yellow O ring under the high pressure oil pump. If you replaced one of the oil rails as well. Based off having a small leak I think you have a defective injector. There are o rings on top of each injector and some people attempt to replace them. Alliant injectors some companies use do this and they have a high failure rate. Motorcraft injectors are usually pretty good though. To find your air leak the oil is going to need to be hot so you can air test. I think you are going to find the top of one of the injectors is leaking oil causing your pressure loss.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, were you able to fix your concern?