Wayne Auto
Wayne Auto, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Associate of Applied Science with a Major in Automotive Technology
72941068

My 2005 excursion 6.0 will not start only turns over, i was

Customer Question

my 2005 excursion 6.0 will not start only turns over, i was driving it and parked it and no longer runs i already replaced this items, crank sensor, cam sensor, fuel pump, fuel relay, glow sparks, wires, fuel filters, egr valve, and its still not running.... need help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Auto replied 1 year ago.
The most common causes for a no start condition on these trucks is a bad high pressure oil pump, a bad injection pressure regulator, or a leaking oil fitting/seal. All of these failures cause a no start condition by prevent the engine from building enough pressure in the high pressure oil system which prevents actuation of the fuel injectors.
If you have access to a scan tool that can tell you the high pressure oil pressure I would start there as without a specialized gauge set it will be hard to determine if you have an oil pressure issue. You should see roughly 1400psi of oil pressure while cranking.
I do want to warn you that if you do determine that you have a high pressure oil system issue there are certain specialized tools needed to determine where the leak is if no external leaks around the oil lines can be found.
I hope I've been able to help you with your concern, if you have any other questions or would like more information on your current question please feel free to ask.
Expert:  Wayne Auto replied 1 year ago.
I noticed you haven't accepted my answer so I just wanted to see if you need any additional information to help you with your starting problem, if you need any assistance just let me know.