Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1995 Ford F150 5.0L has a gh idle and cannot get it to come

Customer Question

1995 Ford F150 5.0L has a high idle and cannot get it to come down even after replacing some parts.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
There is one very common cause for the type of high idle problem you are having and its usually due to the upper intake gasket leaking. Before you replace anything else try removing the intake hoses from the throttle body and place your hands over both ports and see if the engine will stall as it should. If it continues to run while blocking off any in coming air then you very likely have a sucked in upper intake gasket. Try this and post back if you still need more help and or have more questions.