Wayne Auto
Wayne Auto, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Associate of Applied Science with a Major in Automotive Technology
72941068

My 2001 ford f150 pulled to the left when stopping, right

Customer Question

my 2001 ford f150 pulled to the left when stopping, right side front wheel hub would get very hot. I replaced the right front caliper and new pads. When I bled the line, pumped and pumped and no fluid would come through. Brake pedal felt firm, not mushy
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the right side wheel hub would get hot when driving down the road, hot enough that couldn't really touch it
Expert:  Wayne Auto replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you have a blockage keeping the brake fluid from reaching that caliper. As I understand it you're getting no fluid out when opening the bleeder valve on the caliper.
If you disconnect the rubber brake hose from the caliper does fluid leak out from there? Based on what you've said I'm thinking it won't and your pedal will still be firm.
Next if you disconnect the rubber brake hose from the metal brake line on the body of your truck does your pedal go soft as fluid leaks out from there? If so the rubber brake hose is collapsed and needs to be replaced.
I think you will find that the brake hose is the problem, but if fluid does not leak out from the line on the body and you still have a firm pedal once the hose is disconnected then you probably have an issue with your ABS block blocking off brake fluid from that line.
I hope I've been able to help you with your concern, if you have any other questions or if you would like more information on your current question, please feel free to ask.
Expert:  Wayne Auto replied 1 year ago.
I noticed you haven't accepted my answer so I just wanted to see if you need any additional information to help you with your brake problem, if you need any assistance just let me know.