JuanS
JuanS, Ford Master Technician
Experience:  Ford employed certified master tech 10yrs. ASE certifications, Think neighbor, Escape/Fusion Hybrid
12752977

I actually think there are 4 small black wires. I can not

Customer Question

I actually think there are 4 small black wires. I can not get to vehicle right now as we are in the middle of a bad storm. I wonder if previous owner did some modifying. I have never found anything else modified.
Category: Ford
Expert:  JuanS replied 1 year ago.
If you can message me tomorrow when i am at work I can get you any schematic you need for the Think. From what you described, you lost your 12v circuit. This consists of a relay, and a DC to DC converter. This is what runs all your 12v items (lights, horn wipers. Most commonly people forget to reattach the small wires back to the ground on #1 battery. Just let me know
Thank you
J u an
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
juan--I am wrong there are 2 small white wires 1 of which has small black box attached to it. and both are hooked to negative of number battery. is this small box the converter. if you could send schematic or if there is something I need to buy to fix if you will tell me what I will do so.
Expert:  JuanS replied 1 year ago.
That is the updated battery temperature sensor and should be connected to the negative of battery #1. You should also have one more smaller sized wire connected to the negative of the battery also.
Expert:  JuanS replied 1 year ago.

Here is the diagram of the 12v circuit. You can see the ground on the neg post in the lower right corner