Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I just changed out my brake vacuum booster & brake light

Customer Question

I just changed out my brake vacuum booster & brake light switch and now i have no brake lights and my van wont shift out of park. Its a 2000 Windstar
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
If you take you 12 volt test light and or volt meter are you getting battery voltage at the break switch on the lite green/red wire?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Take your 12 volt test light and at the break switch check for power on both sides of the new switch with the brakes depressed. Also take a close look at the crimps on both wires as there are know issues with the crimps being bad and not allowing power to go through the wires. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.