James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2009 ford f-150 4wd that has a gh-pitch whine

Customer Question

I have a 2009 ford f-150 4wd that has a high-pitch whine whenever I turn sharp right while moving. It doesn't make a noise when the truck is sitting still.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, does this noise sound like it's coming from the front end?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
coming from front
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
This il usually ends up being part of the wheel bearing. On the inside of the wheel bearing where the from cv shaft goes are needle bearings. These needle bearings get very noise when they dry out. You can corect this by removing and greasing the needle bearing with wheel bearing grease. This will correct the noise issue you are having.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.