Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2006 Mustang GT yesterday I started hearing a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Mustang GT yesterday I started hearing a buzzing all the time from the rear of the car even when the car is not on. I think its the fuel pump running constantly. I bought a new fuel pump relay at auto zone this morning, but it doesnt match the one in the main fuse box under the hood. Is there another relay somewhere else?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Hi, mmy name is ***** ***** fuel pump relay is in the fuse box under the hood, it is a smaller relay and if looking from the side of the fuse box, its all the way to the left, in the middle, is this where yours is located?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah, I guess they just sold me the wrong thing at auto zone then, AND pulling that fuse didn't stop the buzzing
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Did you pull a fuse or a relay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
relay, I still need to pull the fuse, but didn't have anything to pull it with at the time.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
if you pulled the fuel pump relay, and the noise is still there, then its not going to be in the fuse nor the relay, you need to isolate the noise, can you tell if its coming from the fuel tank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
definitely coming from the rear of the car, ill try to isolate it further than that.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
jack up the rear end and crawl under and see if you can isolate the noise, also check in the trunk to see if its coming from there,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
another way to see if its the fuel pump running is to remove the gas cap and see if you can hear in there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE ISOLATED THE ISSUE!!!!! I heard nothing in the trunk and was moving around to different areas of the backseat to isolate the sound, when I realized it was actually coming from the bottom of the back of the drivers seat. I pushed up and down on the switch that moves the seat up and down and it quit. Very odd since I never touch that particular seat adjustment switch.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
There you go, you found it, you most likely have a bad seat switch,Tim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks! Sorry for wasting your time!
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.
Anytime my friend, and you did not waste my time,Tim
Expert:  Kent-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/ford/99h8u-ford-mustang-gt-2006-mustang-gt-yesterday-started.html).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team