Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

My 2002 windstar has electrical problems. Sometimes one of

Customer Question

My 2002 windstar has electrical problems. Sometimes one of the windows won't operate, sometimes they will, sometimes it's different windows. sometimes one or will work or not work. It usually changes every time I drive it. Also, my dash gages sometime work and sometimes the tach doesn't work, the next time it does, sometimes the speedometer works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes when I start the van, the fuel and heat gauges fluxuiate rapidly then usually stop after a few minutes. In other words, almost everything electrical is working or not working. Usually something different every time I drive it.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately I probably cannot convince you that its the cluster either. Generally the symptoms you note are related to either a failed cluster or a charging system issue (either over or under charging). I would start by dropping by a parts store and get the charging system tested as well as have them check for trouble codes and see if any of those will point you in the right direction. If its not acting up at the time though the tests will probably be worthless.