Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

A couple weeks ago I was driving along and suddenly car

Customer Question

A couple weeks ago I was driving along and suddenly car stalled, all warning lights came on and windshield wiper swiped. I pulled over and turned car off. I let it cool down and it started up. I drove to Jiffy Lube and had oil change done (I was way over due and thought lox/bad oil might have been cause.)
It happened again, sort of. This time car stalled and coolant warning light and check engine came on. Car started up again though. I took it in and had a coolant system flush and fill.
Care drove fine for several days, then it stalled again.
I am wondering if it could be low transaxle fluid?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to only happen when it's very hot outside when I'm driving. No problems early morning or at night when it cools off outside.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing is most likely caused by a failing fuel pump. When the pump begins to fail it will tend to overheat and when this happens it causes the fuel to foam and the pressure drops and the engine stalls, usually once the pump has time to cool off it will usually start and run again. You can verify this by installing a fuel pressure gauge and monitoring the fuel pressure while the problem is occurring, normal pressure should be right at 32 to 45 PSI, anything less then 32 means the pump is failing. This also usually happens in warm weather as well.