Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I had a digital video recorder system fault (Black Box)

Customer Question

I had a digital video recorder system fault (Black Box) aftger removing the power form the recorder I lost my dashboard lights when I turn on the headlights. I checked fuse #18 which is instrumentation lights and it is in good shape. What should I look at now
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.
The next thing to look at is to remove the headlamp switch so you can access the connector and see if you have power into it from the fuse 18 on the dark blue/white wire into the headlight switch connector and if so, turn the lights on and see if you have power out of it on the lite blue/red wire to the cluster. Check this and post back with the results and we can work from there.