Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have the same problem with 2 different trucks. One is 2004

Customer Question

I have the same problem with 2 different trucks . One is 2004 Ford F-250 the other is 2008 Ford F-350. When driving the trucks at any speeds above 30 mph you can turn the steering wheel left and right approximately 1 to 2 inches back and forth and the truck does not respond by turning. This also makes keeping the truck in the driving lane a constant battle. I have had all of the front end driving components replaced but it did not help this problem.I read some where there is an adjustment screw on top of the steering box that requires a 3/16" hex key and a 5/8" wrench .
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

You are correct that there is an adjustment on the top of the gear box.

In fact, HERE is a video on how to get to that adjustment point.

Just like anything else, righty tighty will tighten the play and left loosy will loosen it.

You will need to put the allen tool on after you get the wrench on to loosen the nut, tighten the allen bolt about 1 turn, then tighten the nut and check. Each turn is about 1 inch roughly of play.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

How did this turn out for you?