Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My truck wont turn over it runs if i can get it started by

Customer Question

My truck wont turn over it runs if i can get it started by pushing it but just whines when i try to start it sitting still
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me where this whine noise seems to be coming from. I have yet to hear of a no crank concern where someone said it whines. So far this makes me believe your hearing the starter spin, but its bendix is not coming out and engaging the flywheel. If thats the case then its a new starter needed.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris