Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2012 ford f350.

Customer Question

2012 ford f350.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
first truck has been making a strange noise when truck is on and especially when I turn the truck off for about 30 seconds. Its a kind of whining humming sound. Second, truck brake pedal has been noticeably softer for the past month, but when I was towing with trailer the other day and had to come to a quick stop, the brake pedal went to the floor and I had zero brakes. Any ideas?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Current miles?

Which engine?

Can you hear this noise from under the hood when the hood is open and engine is off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can hear it with the hood closed and opened. You can hear it stopped at a light or stop sign. Most important any ideas of why my pedal would go to the floor and have no brakes?

For the brake pedal to go to the floor and the brakes not apply that has to be air trapped in the system. The master cylinder, booster, nor ABS could cause that as an intermittent issue in most cases, though a trapped air pocket could. IN this order, I would try a brake bleed at each wheel, then if it continues, do a new master cylinder.

This noise does it seem to be coming from the turbo, if so are you running a power programmer on the truck?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris