Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

How do you disable the chime one the ignition of a 2015 ford

Customer Question

How do you disable the chime one the ignition of a 2015 ford F 250. The one that sounds when the key is in the ignition and the door is open. Thank you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

There is no programming nor steps to do that. The only way to disable this chime warning is to physically damage the chime which would result in none of them working.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a 2011 ford F 250 and we pulled the ignition out and cut the purple, I think, wire. That did the trick. Just a little nervous to do it to this one. Does the wire in the ignition switch go to anything else

Your wanting to cut the key in switch wire. That should trick the truck into thinking the key is never in the ignition, which should of caused other issues with other systems. However if you want to try it, I can not stop you. On this model its the blue/gray wire at the ignition switch and goes to the BCM.