roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

93 F250 XLT 4WD 3spOD Automatic 7.5L Vin G Gas. Experiencing

Customer Question

93 F250 XLT 4WD 3spOD Automatic 7.5L Vin G Gas. Experiencing a variety of issues that I suspect are related to a vac leak or filing emissions component. Intermittent stumble at low speed, or at ideal. Intermittent hard or delayed shifting. A/C air flow intermittently redirected from dash vents to defrost vents. Intermittent Check Engine Light that comes on and goes out while driving.
Suggestions on where to start? Vac regulator?, EGR Valve?, air pump?vac pressure test? ?????
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist
the first thing I would do is to get the codes as it will narrow down the areas of failure. then we can proceed.
Roy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm told the codes are not stored on this 1993 F250 and therefore can only be read when the check engine light is on. because it is intermittent (usually lights up on the highway at full temp then goes off after a while) it is difficult to capture the codes. I was looking for an answer based more on the combination of symptoms I described and your years of experience. If this was an OBDII vehicle I would have read the codes myself and proceeded from there. So I ask the same question again.... based on the symptoms I described and your years of experience (without codes available) how would you recommend I proceed with troubleshooting? One bit of added information... it just passed the California smog test with very low emissions numbers.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.
ok, first, codes are stored in history with the older system and still can be read.
I am not a guesser without all the needed information. I have vast experience with these older systems but without being there, it would be a long lengthy process here in this forum. I will opt out and re post for someone else to help you that may have tips for you. I like to diag it and only replace failed parts.
Roy