James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My f250 2011 told me to safely pull over and stop and to

Customer Question

my f250 2011 told me to safely pull over and stop and to check the engine coolant (which was fine) now it wont restart
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. The check coolant light is odd to come on at the same time as shutting the engine down. Check coolant means the nitrate levels need to be tested in the cooling system.
Pull over safely is due to a failing exhaust temp sensor. The exhaust temp sensor monitor exhaust temps and fail from time to time. When they fail the PCM thinks the vehicle exhaust is way to hot to be safe. You need to pull the codes to see what sensor the vehicle says is bad. Replace the defective sensor and clear codes. This will fix your concern and get you back on the road again.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wanted to see if you were able to get your vehicle repaired?