James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer with the 4.0 and my traction

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Ford Explorer with the 4.0 and my traction control and Advance Trac will not work how do I fix this?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. The advance track light stays on solid then?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Most of the time this is due to a faulty speed sensor. If you check for codes it will show a speed sensor fault. The codes need to be checked in the abs module so a standard scan tool won't read the codes. Once you determine and replace the faulty sensor your vehicle will work correctly again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get the code looked at?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Repair shops have the ability to test for codes. Most part stores only have the ability to test for engine codes so they can't test for abs codes. If you call around some shops don't charge a lot just to look to see what codes the vehicle has.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can a Ford dealer do it?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
a Ford dealer can do it and I recomend having them diagnose the vehicle. They have certified technicians and can save you money from just swapping out parts.