James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Will it hurt the trranssion if I drive the truck with the

Customer Question

Will it hurt the trranssion if I drive the truck with the haul/tow flashing and loss of transmission temp
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Driving can affect the way the vehicle drives. The transmission temp sensor has failed and will need to be replaced. It won't cause any damage but I would get it fixed just to make sure if you tow the transmission doesn't get really hot. A short time it can be driven though.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Based off of your mileage your vehicle is going to need a tune up. If you check for codes you are going to have misfire codes. You will want to replace the spark plugs. I would also clean the mass air flow sensor at the same time. They make mass air flow sensor cleaner at a part store. When this is all done disconnect the battery for ten minutes to reset everything. This should correct your concern.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hey how are you? I just want to see if I can still offer you assistance? If my answer was helpful please remember to leave me a rating so I receive credit for assisting you. If you have any other questions please let me know?