A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance
14865528

I have a 2006 mustang gt and my blower fan went out. I took

Customer Question

I have a 2006 mustang gt and my blower fan went out. I took out the motor and powered it and it works fine. I Replaced the resister with a new one and it still doesnt work. If I jump the power to pink and white wire at the fuse box the fan turns on. I have changed out relays and still no change. at this point im just frustrated.
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
First, check fuse F2, a 30 amp fuse, in the engine bay fuse box. Make sure the fuse is good, then also check fuse F3, a 10 amp fuse in the dash fuse box. Check these fuses and please let me know what you find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked all the fuses and they are all good
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I need you too remove the relay for the blower motor and look on the side and see if there is a diagram of the relay pins or numbers on the bottom of the relay next to the pins. There should be a 86, 85, 30 and 87 on it. Jump pins 30 and 87 in the relay socket in the fuse box with a piece of wire or a paper clip with the relay removed. See if the blower motor comes on when the key is turned on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it comes on
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Do you have a meter or test light to do a couple of tests?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Ok. With the relay out and the AC turned on and the key on, check for ground on pin #85 of the relay and for power on pin #86 of the relay.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is power to the required pins but it appears there is possibly a ground issue.. i cannot seem to find ground on pin 85.
.
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The ground signal comes from the AC control module which is the AC control panel. Either the wire s broken between the AC control panel and the relay pin #85, or the AC control panel is the problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what color is the wire
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

The wire is BLACK/LIGHT GREEN striped.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have continuety on that wire
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Then the problem is the AC control panel internally.