Mat
Mat, Ford Senior Master Technician
Experience:  11 yrs at FLM Dealer, Senior Master Tech 05-present, ASE Master tech, Auto trans & Diesel
49638932

My 06 f350 is throwing 3 codes #1 is PO404 PO611 an last U

Customer Question

Hi john my 06 f350 is throwing 3 codes #1 is PO404 PO611 an last U 1900
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mat replied 1 year ago.

Hi I would like to help you out. P0404 is usually caused by a sticky egr valve, these have been known to collect carbon build up over time which will effect the movement of the valve. You can try to clean the valve and reinstall it. If code returns after being cleared then the egr valve will need to be replaced. P0611 is set when the ficm m power (injector power) drops below 48 volts. the ficm has an internal voltage converter that converts 12v into 48volts for injectors to operate. to take of this code you can buy a ficm half shell which is just the half of the ficm with the faulty converter. I've done hundreds of these with great success. If you don't feel comfortable doing that you can replace the entire ficm with a pre programmed ficm available from ford. U 1900 is a communication code and should be cleared after ficm replacement and rescanned to see if it is a har fault. Generally this dtc can be cleared if the u1900 is in the pcm. If you have any further questions please reply. Thanks