Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have an Expedition 4.6l/4R70w 2wd in the shop with no

Customer Question

I have an Expedition 4.6l/4R70w 2wd in the shop with no "forward" movement in any gear, put a new pump in it and T/C as the pump was noisy, but stll no forward gear?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

A noisy pump is a sign that the gear is eating into the case of the pump. This sheds fragments of metal into the transmission after the filter, so its unfiltered. This cuts seals in the clutches and servos and causes the valves to stick. A line pressure test is the next step by the book however I am 90% sure your going to find either no pressure getting to the forward clutch or the clutch pressure seals have failed and the clutch discs are burnt. An overhaul will be needed based on what I have so far, though not knowing the pressure test results.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris