Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 96 F-53 that will shift into F and R but will not

Customer Question

I have a 96 F-53 that will shift into F and R but will not move. Like the parking break is on,
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

If you rev the engine in D or R does it bog down like its trying to move or does it rev free and easy?

Will it roll in all gears but park?

If the answer to question 1 is revs free, then its internal transmission issues or not actually in D or R

If the answer to question 2 is yes, then the axle, driveshaft, parking brake, and shift linkage are good and its internal transmission issues.

If its internal, it can be low on fluid, not electrical, filter has popped off, input or output shaft broken, faulty pump.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris