Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

On a 2003 Ford Windstar change the battery and it won't turn

Customer Question

On a 2003 Ford Windstar change the battery and it won't turn over the white c** on their work and it won't jump off either the gauges work can't get it to turn over
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Remove the starter relay from the fuse box. Are there 2 pins to it with battery voltage while trying to start?

Will it crank in neutral?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You gave me an answer we check the relay pen they were hot when we tried to crank it its not clicking or anything please help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything's working when you turn the key on and turn it all the way nothing no click no noise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did notice we turn the key on the radio looks like it on but no music not sure what that means it does come on when you turn it back to the assesory mode

Thanks, ***** ***** has 2 pins to the relay hot and it will not crank in neutral, this means the relay is missing the ground input or the relay or starter has an issue. Use the 2 links below.

If those tests pass, then install the relay, it should click when trying to start. If so then at the starter check both wires while trying to start. If both are powered then the starter is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The guy that's helping me had to run to Oxford will be back later and will check these things out I'll let you know what happens thank you very much
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We did jump from the starter but it wouldn't turn anything over except the starter turned over yeah before this happen it started great
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris we tried the 85 and its not grounded when you turn key off theift light is blinking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long to get back to you started raining I need my van bad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to reset the theft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you talking to us anymore
Sorry for the delay, today is son #1's 5th birthday party. Is the theft light on or flashing with the key in the run position, it should be off. Is the check engine light on with the key on, it should be. With the relay removed, and the key in the run position, if you jump a paper clip briefly from pin 87 to 30, does it crank, and does it start?