Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

My 2005 Ford Taurus SE drives good, but when I turn on the a

Customer Question

My 2005 Ford Taurus SE drives good, but when I turn on the a c unit my Taurus will stop after about several minutes. But afer it stops I turn the a c off it immediate restarts.
My vehicle only stops when I turn the a c on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hel. It sounds like your ac compressor is seizing up and causing the engine to stop due to the extra drag on the engine. I would have this checked right away if you do not work on your own car as once the belt breaks a lot more damage can occur such as overheating. I base my answer on seeing this problem in other Ford Taurus cars. Hope this information helps. Let me know if this helps or if you need more info. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! ūüėČ Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.