James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My question is as follow: 2001 super duty 250 v10 crew cab

Customer Question

Hi my question is as follow: 2001 super duty 250 v10 crew cab auto trans. Had a new ford reman motor in at 190000 miles it's now 193000 and most times the motor will stall after a idle period when shifted to drive or park. A ford garage tested and retested it all but no answer said tranny is fine and shop that installed engine has no clue. Check engine light is on with a o2 code sensor and a shaft speed sensor. But when the codes are cleared its good for a day..... Next day start it up and it stalls and light come back on. What to do?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello can you please tell me what code you are getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An oxygen sensor code and a speed shaft sensor code from the tranny. There is another but the garage did not specify what it was and said it was unrelated
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Depending on the oxygen sensor code I would think the engine has a vacuum leak. If you have a vacuum leak the vehicle will run rough at idle and even stall. This can be a tough one to diagnose without a scan tool. If the vehicle won't stay running you can unplug the mass air flow and see if the vehicle continues to run. It might run rough but shouldn't stall. I would perform these tests and let me know. A vacuum leak is what it sounds like though.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hey how are you? I just want to see if I can still offer you assistance? If my answer was helpful please remember to leave me a rating so I receive credit for assisting you. If you have any other questions please let me know?