Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Got a 07 f150 5.4 changed phasers timing chains tensioners

Customer Question

got a 07 f150 5.4 changed phasers timing chains tensioners and guides twice on start up passenger chain rattles till oil pressure comes up thought i had a faulty tensioner so i changed it again same problem .. any ideas on whats going on ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

You look to be having oil pressure and flow issues from a weak pump or sludge buildup or oil flow path restrictions in the head and timing drive components. Have you ran a oil pressure test on both heads and the block?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have good oil preasure . the tensioner is just leaking down over time and when i start it up the chain rattles till oil preasure comes up it just started rattling some when the engine is hot and at idle but just on the passenger side when this happens the oil presure never falls im about ready to drop a new engine in it but this ones only got 156000 on it

Thanks for checking the pressures. What pressure reading did you get on the block, passenger head, and drivers head?