James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

The wrench symbol just came up on truck what does it mean

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Jon replied 1 year ago.

Hi, that symbol means the truck is due for an oil change. If you changed it recently, it's on because he last person to change the oil did not reset the service reminder when they changed it.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello I don't mean to jump in on some one else's answer but that isn't what it means. The wrench symbol on a Ford means there is a powertrain issue and the vehicle needs service. The wrench light means the vehicle has gone into a limp mode. A lot of times this is due to a failure in the electronic throttle body. It is something you want to get looked at very soon.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.