Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1987 f 150, 79,000 miles 4.9l just started today, smoke

Customer Question

1987 f 150 , 79,000 miles 4.9l
just started today, white smoke coming out of tailpipe on acceleration, loss of power and knocking on acceleration. once up to cruising speed the smoke stops and no loss of power. Oil on dipstick is normal, no evidence of water in the oil system. no evidence of oil in the water. no spuing out of the radiator cap .
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

white smoke is a indication of burning coolant. it generally comes from a blown head gasket.

check the oil for it to be a milky color. remove the oil fill cap and see if there is a white residue. are you using coolant?? has it overheated???

Roy