Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 93 Ford F150 that I recently drove first time in

Customer Question

I have a 93 Ford F150 that I recently drove for the first time in about a year, and the brake pedal feels soft, and goes down further than it did before I parked it. I inspected for leaks and could find none, then took it to the local shop, and they told me it needs brake pads. That didn't make sense to me, but I changed them anyway, and it still reacts the same. The shop did confirm they were unable to find any leaks as well. Fluid in the master cylinder is full. I have not bled the brakes, as I was unable to turn the bleeder screw in the wheel cylinder. The only next step I can think of is to bleed the calipers, hoping it would help.
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 1 year ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

it sounds like the master cylinder has failed. it has failed internally. yes, bleeding may help but you must get all the bleeders open. use a small torch to heat up the bleeders so the system can be bled. if they break. you will have to replace the effected wheel cylinders or calipers.

start there.

Roy