George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ Years
13574682

Have a 1977 Ford F150 and am trying to figure out which

Customer Question

have a 1977 Ford F150 and am trying to figure out which wires go where on the starter relay. also need to know how to jump the wire on the automatic transmission neutral safety switch. I am using the wire harness from automatic transmission truck on a 4 speed truck.
Category: Ford
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
You will need to install a clutch switch if it does not already have one and the small blue/red stripe wire from the ignition start switch position goes i one side of the clutch switch and out the other only when the pedal is fully on the floor. The blue/red wire then connects to the small S terminal on the starter relay. Any small wires with large rings go on the battery cable side of the two large posts, The back of the relay is grounded to the fender mounting and the other large cable to the starter motor goes to empty large post on the relay.
http://i.imgur.com/HbhHx9j.jpg?1
Copy and paste the link above into a new browser tab to see the layout.
Let me know how I can help
Thank you