Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2000 Ford E350 Super Duty XLT Extended Wagon, used

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ford E350 Super Duty XLT Extended Wagon, used of course, well taken care of. About 2 years ago, the doors began unlocking and locking themselves any ole time they wanted - over and over and over - both when I was driving and when the van sat dormant. The battery drained fast, and after a new battery did the same, I decided to take the van in for a look. Our local Ford house had 'never seen that kind of problem before." After about $18,000 and weeks of waiting for related and unrelated changes, they finally snipped (or removed) one wire to the doors. The doors 'with a mind of their own' stopped, but now my latest battery drains out within 24 hours constantly.
I really want to keep this van for its family memories, great furniture- hauling space, and for my need to drive short-distance to work. HELP!!!! The clock HAS to be the culprit. Which fuse do I remove? I'd love to keep the radio and/or CD player. What else can I do?
West Texan with Diabetic Car
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no more to add. I simply need an answer that will help me cure this car.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
In order to determine the source of the draw you are going to need to install an amp meter and measure the voltage draw as you pull each fuse one at a time. I have enclosed the steps in the link below. You can not disable the clock with out disabling the radio as well. If you suspect its the clock/radio then disconnect it first and see if the draw clears. I have enclosed the draw test in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Battery%20drain%20AUg%2011.pdf