Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2011 Ford Escape and first I was just warned by

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Ford Escape and first I was just warned by dash warning that my gas cap was not on properly and you would know that I do not have one. I plannedto drive across the country and my Ford Dealer told me not to worry about it but NOW my engine light is on solid and I get a P0455 code. What to do???
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

If the check engine and gas cap warnings are your only symptoms and the 455 is the only code you can carry on with your trip. An evap leak wont damage anything.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for it. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I get this code off for good? I will not be able to pass my emissions test with it on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wayne are you still looking into this problem?