Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2014 focus =since the beginning I have had problems

Customer Question

i have a 2014 focus =since the beginning I have had problems when I take off normally from a traffic light or just sitting it jumps almost feels as if I were on ice. also doesn't shift right - engine light went on a year ago while traveling took to dealership and said it was the computer and they reset it . worked okay for a while and started doing same thing a few months back again I was told it was a computer problem - am starting to have tne same thing
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you need to start first with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved.Most Auto Parts store besides those in California will run a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you from there.