Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

The rear driver side passenger door wont open. the lock knob

Customer Question

the rear driver side passenger door wont open. the lock knob by the window goes up and down when I try to lock/unlock but neither handle opens the door.
the door is closed so I cant get at the 3 screws on the side.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will try to assist you.

You will have to remove the panel from the inside enough to be able to reach into it and pull the rod for the door latch.

Most likely the plastic piece in the door that holds the rod in place is broken and the rod came out. It tends to happen a lot on the Escapes and the F150 4 door trucks for some reason. Not sure if the plastic pieces are just flimsy or if it's design. It seems we do more than we should be doing.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear, or taste the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

The system DOES NOT automatically give me credit from your deposit. A rating is REQUIRED. You are rating me for the information I provide,
not the website. I have no control over the site fees, site errors, category errors, or how long it took for a response for these reasons.

I am not an employee of this website, so please rate with a POSITIVE (green) rating for me to get credit for assisting you. You still pay
the website for negatives or by not rating at all. I just get nothing from that payment you made. So please rate each answer I provide.

I want you pleased with my service to you so please inform me before rating negative (red) and I will do my best to make it right. Follow
ups for same question are always free after ratings have been made.

I do have many workshop manuals, diagrams, etc that I pay to get access to out of my pocket. If one is needed, please ask and I will give
you an offer at my technician discounted cost to you for such manuals. I never charge above that cost.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy