Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

My 2014 f150 stops fine but pressure on brake pedel goes to

Customer Question

my 2014 f150 stops fine but pressure on brake pedel goes to floor you can recover but you never have a hard brake
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dareplaced 1 m cylinder I had hard pedal 5000 mils can be pushed to floor 2ed ford dealer checked ym f150 and two other f150 and they are same as mine is this correct
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do the brakes still hold the truck as the pedal drops down or does it start to roll or move?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pedal to floor excelarator withpower f150 does not move
Expert:  Ted G. replied 1 year ago.

Mostly what you are experiencing is expansion in the system due to the larger volume of fluid because of the ABS and all it's related tubing. We have added about twice the amount of fluid volume and 3 times the hose and tubing wall area so as you add pressure and all that stuff starts to expand (very slightly) the master has to pump out more fluid to fill the area, and the pedal goes down. There is also an accumulator effect in the ABS unit that takes fluid volume also. As long as the pressure is maintained in the system and the brakes don't slip then what you are experiencing is normal.