Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Have a 1984 Ford elan t bird 5.0 liter engine all of a

Customer Question

Have a 1984 Ford elan t bird 5.0 liter engine all of a sudden it takes a while to shift out of first gear
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are having may very well be an internal pressure concern and or even a problem with the valve body but due to the age of the car I would consider doing a complete fluid flush as well as installing a new filter and adding a good brand of transmission conditioner and see if the clears the shift problem.