Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron! My daughters 2002 Ford Escape just broke down and the

Customer Question

Hi Ron! My daughters 2002 Ford Escape just broke down and the machanic is saying the engine needs to be replaced. Before looking for a new car, I wanted to see what a rough estimate for a new engine would be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you fr the question,

A new long block from Ford will run you right at $3900 but you can likely get a re-manufactured for much less depending on where you purchase it. The labor to remove and install it runs right at 9 hours. After market remanufacture engine run from $1900 to about $2200.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you fr the question,