EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

The cruise control doesn't work and I'm trying to find out

Customer Question

the cruise control doesn't work and I'm trying to find out where to start to look for the problem
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. The most common cause for the cruise not working is the speed control deactivation switch. It is located on the brake master cylinder. The FIRST thing you should try is to disconnect the electrical connector for the deactivation switch. Then install a jumper wire between the harness connector terminals. Then go roadtest and see if the speed control works. Please try this first and then let me know the results. Thanks.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.