James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

Powerstroke 6.0 shutoff while driving will not start had

Customer Question

powerstroke 6.0 shutoff while driving will not start had FICM tested good 48volts good oil pressure while cranking cannot test hpop pressure no codes when it shutoff i have pending codes po261 thru po282 all eight injectors
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for choosing just answer. Can you tell me how the ficm was tested?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent FICM out to FICM fixer it was tested for 48 volts power and tested on his F250 truck
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you. If the ficm is ok it sounds like it can be an electrical issue on your end. I would suspect you ficm relay is failing. In order to get low injector circuit codes and the ficm is good always ends up being a faulty relay. This isn't a relay you can just swap out with a different one. This is a 70a relay you will need. I would see if someone else has a similar vehicle you can borrow it off for testing purposes.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
James-- thank you for your response. Could you tell me what the Number of the Relay would be.
You said it's a "70a" but WHICH relay do you suggest
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
There is a small fuse panel under the hood. It is going to be a grey relay that looks different then the rest. It will have two normal sized pins when you remove it and two large pins. That is how you can identify it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are now checking the Alarm System because ALL that you mentioned was checked . If you can think of ANYTHING ELSE please HELP!
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a scan tool that can monitor data?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I'm curious. Were you able to get a scan tool to use by chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have the one scan tool that gave the original Codes.
This weekend our hope is a friend looking at it.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Have you inspect theb12v logic fuse for the ficm. They can blow and cause the ficm to act very erratic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi James...
Just saw your email.. Where is the "b12v logic fuse for the ficm" actually located?
Thank you..
Scott Parsons
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Under the hood next to the ficm relay. It is supposed to be a 10a fuse. I will try and find a diagram. I would inspect the fuses as there are only a couple.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short