Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 04 6.0 power stroke will not crank unless two

Customer Question

I have a 04 6.0 power stroke will not crank unless two injectors are unplugged when you plug the other two it losses oil pressure and cuts off it doesn't matter witch two you in plug I have replaced injectors oil rails and the ficm and it still does the
same thing
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean it wont start but the engine cranks over with the starter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will crank with six injectors plugged in but when you plug on the last two it losses oil pressure and shuts off
Expert:  Ray M. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the high pressure pump is getting weak and can only supply so much pressure, when all injectors are functioning the pump cannot keep up the pressure, do you have any way to monitor the ICP pressure, like a scan tool?