Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

1995 f150 I changed neutral safety switch can not get

Customer Question

1995 f150 I changed neutral safety switch can not get adjusted will start several times then won't and have to reajust switch truck will start sevsral times then won't
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
When the truck will not start take your 12 volt test light and or volt meter and at the safety switch while having a helper hold the key in the crank position check and see if you have battery voltage on both red/blue wire in and out of the switch . Check this for me and post back and we can work from there. See the wiring diagram for reference in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Start%20circuit%20Aug%2010.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I do have battery power to switch but I can reajust it will start the next time it will not start.sure hope we can get this figured out,
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Power to the switch comes from the ignition switch while holding the key in the crank position on the red/blue wire and out on the other red/blue wire, if the switch is adjusted correctly then it should crank.