Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I can't get it to fire I have changed the coili,have power

Customer Question

I can't get it to fire I have changed the coili,have power to it and I put asparkplug in the coil wire turn it over and nothing?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the condencer be bad?and that is why I have nospark
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, is the dist rotor turning when you crank over the motor ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't understand why I can't get any thing out of the coil?
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

if the rotor isn't turning the coil won't fire . there are other things as well that won't make it fire .... Such as .. ignition module, ecm, pick up coil -in the distributor So, you need to see if the dist rotor is turning ,take the ignition module to a parts store an have it tested . Please check these first and if need be we can continue further if the ignition module is good ..thank you ..jazzmaster ..

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

do you still need assistance ?