Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2004 f150 crewcab that flashes airbag code 21

Customer Question

I have a 2004 f150 crewcab that flashes airbag code 21 checked all connection I could no change can this code be cleared? it just started one day when I turned truck on
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have disconnected battery, pulled fuse, checked and clean front crash sensor, cleaned ground connection next to RCM And bolts holding on RCM module, I have also looked for the 2 wire connector to clear the codes that was either behind glove box or next to fuse box its Not in either place. Do you know if the 2004 f150 has this 2 wire connector?....
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Normally this code means the passenger air bad is faulty. The only simple diag is disconnecting the battery, and unplugging the air bag and cleaning the connection. Beyond that the diag is more involved but I can provide those steps if you choose.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already told you I cleaned all connection and I still get the same code 21. So that's not the problem I can check the connection again just to make sure. But you have to have something better than that to check,

As I mentioned prior it normally is a bad passenger air bag and I have the diag steps to offer if you want them.