Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2005 FORD EXCURSION, 6.0 DIESEL. TOOK TO MECHANIC DUE TO

Customer Question

2005 FORD EXCURSION, 6.0 DIESEL. TOOK TO MECHANIC DUE TO BRAKE PEDEL CREEPING DOWN AT STOP LIGHTS. MECHANIC HAS REPLACED BRAKE BOOSTER, MASTER CYLINDER AND RIGHT REAR CALIPER. PROBLEM IS WORSE NOW THAN BEFORE HE WORKED ON IT, BRAKES WERE BLEED SEVERAL TIMES, NO LEAKS ON ANY BRAKE LINES. ANY INPUT WOULD BE HELPFUL.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Some line locks need to be used to clamp the rubber brake lines so no pressure can get to the calipers, then test the pedal. If its resolved then you know its a concern at one of the wheels and you can narrow it down by removing one clamp at a time. If its still there, then its air in the ABS HCU, it takes a diagnostic tool to bleed the ABS.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris