Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2005 ford 500 that keeps blowing fuse 33 and car

Customer Question

i have a 2005 ford 500 that keeps blowing fuse 33 and car wont start what can i check
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Fuse 33 is for the drivers seat module, so start by checking for wires frayed and grounded at this module. For the car not starting, will it at least crank? If so can you check the fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse. Let me know these results.

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It won't crank and it was the big fuse under the hood. This car is a 2007 Ford 500. I don't think that fuse is for the seat

Thanks for the update on the year change, you originally said 2005. On a 2007 fuse 33 is for the ignition switch. See the file below.

I need you to unplug the ignition switch, and remotely power the circuits the switch does, one by one with a wire from the battery and a 30 amp in line fuse to see which circuit is grounded.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replaced fuse no crank any ideas

Are you able to do the tests I mentioned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it now blew the starter fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it now starts but don't know why it blows the fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fuse 14 inside the car has no power

Which fuse number is ***** blowing. Have you resolved the issue with fuse 33 from your original concern?