Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I am investigating a 2005 Ford focus where the airbag light

Customer Question

I am investigating a 2005 Ford focus where the airbag light stays on. My daughter purchased it used from a dealer (not ford) and they reset the light which lasted long enough for her to drive it off the lot. I took it to Ford and they said the connector had come undone under the driver seat, reconnected ti and added dialect grease. She recently informed me that the light was back on (and had been for months). From what I can find on the internet, this is a design issue which started with the redesign in 2005. do you know anything more? any way to permanently fix it or does this need to go into the shop @$150 to have new dialect grease periodically?
Category: Ford
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.
Have you been able to check for trouble codes in the Air Bag Module now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not without paying mechanic $150 for diagnostics
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Some auto parts stores can check the air bag codes for free for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you saying an auto parts store will hook up the cars computer to get the codes and then tell me what they are for no charge?
Expert:  A. Penland replied 1 year ago.

Yes, some of them do. Just have them get the codes. Do not let them try to sell you something. But yes, they do it for free.